The South Lyon Police Department is always accepting applications for Patrol Officers. To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet the specific requirements stated below and submit both an Application for Employment and an Authority to Release Personal Information. Application and Release forms are available on this site or by request (phone or in person).
Applicant requirements for position of Police Officer
- Citizen of the United States
- At least 18 years of age
- No criminal record
- Acceptable driving record
- Free from any physical or mental impairments that would prevent applicant from performing all of the normal duties required of a Police Officer
- Successful completion of a Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) Police Academy
- Successful completion of an Associates Degree or equivalent number of college credit hours (60 hours minimum)
Testing of qualified applicants is held periodically. Qualified applicants will be notified by mail.
The South Lyon Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.