CITY OF SOUTH LYON
For duties as Deputy Clerk/Treasurer this position reports to the Clerk/Treasurer and City Manager. Office hours are
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in addition to occasional evening meetings
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive telephone and walk-in information requests from the public and handle any counter business, such as issuing dog licenses, garage sale permits, peddler/solicitor permits and park use permits
- Provide secretarial and clerical assistance to the Clerk/Treasurer and City Manager
- Provides front desk service and assistance, receipting payments, balancing cash drawer and troubleshooting imbalances
- Assists in voter registration, as well as the organization and conduct of Elections
- Assist with tax billing, collection and settlement
- Maintains Cemetery records including lot sales, burial permits, and contact with funeral homes
- Assist the City Clerk/Treasurer with FOIA requests
- Occasionally assist with issuing permits for the Building Department
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Requirements & Skills
· Previous experience in Clerk/Treasurers office is preferred
· Knowledge of the City of South Lyon, the operations and procedures of municipal government and the functions of various departments.
· Able to operate and troubleshoot basic office equipment and programs such as excel, Microsoft word, power point, and others.
· Ability to perform all duties, meet and deal with the public, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, ability to handle difficult situations.
· Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions prioritize demands and work independently.
· Ability to critically assess situations, problem-solve and work effectively under stress, within deadlines and changes in work priorities.
Please submit letters of interest and resume to City Clerk/Treasurer Lisa Deaton firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted through Friday, May 8, 2015